Recipe: Simple Stir-Fry
While at home over the last few weeks, I’ve been experimenting with all sorts of food and appliances that I haven’t used in a while.
Talk about a quick and easy meal coming together in under 15 min, with the use of the #instantpot and #pamperedchef steamer basket.
I’m all about quick and easy healthy meals for my family. To do this requires some planning on my part, but it’s worth it when dinner time comes around and I can quickly prepare a healthy dinner in 15 minutes and you can too!
Here, I have made a simple stir-fry, using chicken, broccoli slaw, brown jasmine rice and steamed carrots.
I marinated 3 chicken breasts overnight in this soy sauce replacement, which I found at Walmart. A simple switch, which tastes exactly like soy sauce, but with 1/2 the sodium, can make your meal healthier without having to sacrifice taste.
To make this meal in 15 min, I followed the steps below.
1) Drain excess sauce off chicken and cube. Sauté in a drizzle of olive oil and minced garlic. ~10-12 min
2) Place rice in instant pot with water (follow instructions on rice package depending on how much you need to make). No instant pot? Grab an Uncle Ben’s 90 sec. rice....my go-to! ~12 min
3) Grab another skillet and sauté the broccoli slaw in olive oil, minced garlic, ginger, and a splash of the soy sauce replacement. ~10 min
4) Place a bag of carrots in steamer basket, add 1/4c water and micro for 8-10 min, or until desired texture. I seasoned with ginger and pepper after steamed.
5) Add all ingredients into a bowl, or eat separate (like my kids) and enjoy!
Eating from home ensures how much sodium you get from your meals. My goal is to show examples of quick and easy meals that are heart healthy for your family.