These apple nachos are a great way to enjoy apples while getting a little sweet fix in as well! Customizable by adding toppings of choice, these are yummy for kids or adults! Here, I've made a simple snack a bit more hardy by adding some heart healthy protein with nuts and peanut butter, both very low in cholesterol and saturated fat, and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips to add some sweetness.....and who doesn't enjoy the combination of PB and chocolate. Yummy! Feel free to comment below your favorite apple nacho toppings!
- Apple of choice (pink lady or honey crisp are my favorite!)
- 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup of walnuts (crushed- see tip below)
- 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips
- Cut apple in thin slices, leave the peel for the fiber!
- Melt PB in micro for 20-30 seconds, may need to stir and repeat.
- Drizzle melted PB over apple slices.
- Add toppings of choice.
--> Tip for crushing nuts.... place in ziplock baggie and smash with coffee cup.