Recipe: Salmon Cakes
Updated: Feb 5
Here, we have put a healthy twist on the common salmon patty. These come together in under 20 min for a perfect and easy protein rich dinner....and can also be reheated to make work week lunches easy! All you need are a few pantry items (see below).
- 1 can of salmon
- 1/2 cup, plain bread crumbs
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp. of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
- 1-2 tsp. of Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
- Add all ingredients together.
- Spoon out 5-7 patties, flatten and place in skillet drizzled with olive oil.
- Saute' on each side, ~4 min per side.
- Add toppings of choice (dill greek yogurt dip is my favorite).
Pair with a side salad to complete a meal.
Healthy Tip: By using plain breadcrumbs rather than Italian seasoned ones, you cut the amount of sodium. You re-gain the Italian flavor by adding Mrs. Dash, Italian Medley, which contains zero sodium.
My little helper :)